Area Activities & Points of Interest
The Hillbilly Cabin Rental has a number of area activities, whether you're looking for fishing, hiking, kayaking, or beautiful scenery.
- Many opportunities for pond fishing, pay lake, river fishing, lake fishing. Some ponds do not require fishing license.
- Natural Bridge State Park, Lodge & Sky Lift
- Red River Gorge - Hiking, Rock climbing
- Red River Gorge Zipline Tour-Soar 300 ft above the gorge-takes 3 hrs, cost $89. Horse riders and horses welcome - stalls, pasture and water available nearby. Horses must have coggins papers and bring own feed.
- Cave Run Lake-boat rentals, swimming beach : Takes one hour to get to Cave Run Lake. (606-784-9666)
- Red River Zipline / Canopy Tree Tour - 6 Ziplines - Near Frenchburg - 50 minute drive. (937-304-1492)
- Lunch & Dinners Available onsite at Eagle Nest Cafe & Deli. Daily specials. Rock House Cafe nearby & serves beer.
- Reptile Zoo: Open every day in summer, weekends in spring and fall. (606-663-9160)
- Gift Shops
- Kayaking and Canoeing: (606-663-1012).
- For Rock climbing, Rappelling: Red River Outdoors: (859-230-3567) or Torrent Falls (606-668-6613).
- Kentucky Tourism & Vacation Guide
- Via Ferrata Rock Climbing Park: Great for beginners, must be 10 yrs old. (606-668-6613).
- Hiking Trail Guide and Descriptions: Great for beginners.
- Drive In Theatre - Stanton, KY. 30 minute drive. Open April-September. (606-663-9988).
- ATV Park - Clay City, KY Mountain Parkway Offroad Park (606-663-1028). Must be 16 to drive, 12 to ride. 35 min drive from cabins.
- Peddler's Mall - Open Year Round. Stanton and Winchester. Gifts, Arts & Crafts, Antiques, Flea Market. Stanton is only 25 min dr.
- Blue Grass Music - Meadow Green Park in Clay City - 25 min drive. Open Weekends. Call (606-663-4787) for show times.
- Beech Fork Golf Club - 30 min in Clay City. (606-663-9479)
- Sag Hollow Golf Course in Booneville - 40 minutes. (606-593-4653)
- Beattyville Public Golf Course. Off Rt. 52 in Beattyville, KY about 30 minute drive.